- Safaricom recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided by users of M-PESA.
- Safaricom collects personally identifiable information that we use to profile M-PESA Users and administer individual M-PESA accounts, update M-PESA databases, and provide User support.
- Safaricom does not share your personal information with unauthorized persons and adequate safeguards have been put in place to prevent unauthorized access and to ensure confidentiality of your personal information.
- You acknowledge that by using the M-PESA Services, some of your personal information will be passed on to any person whom you receive E-Money from, or send E-Money to and will be available to any third party involved in the operation of the service including without limitation, M-PESA Cash Merchants, ATM Switch providers and Vodafone Group Services (as vendors of the M-PESA money transfer technology platform). You hereby authorize Safaricom to share with, provide or disclose to third parties with which you have separately contracted or with which you intend to contract (and have informed Safaricom of this intention in writing or electronically through the M-PESA System), your personal information including any Transaction data, information pertaining to you or your M-PESA Account, or your usage of Safaricom Products and Services provided that the authority given to Safaricom to disclose information to such third parties (not being a law enforcement, investigative or regulatory authority) pursuant to this clause may be withdrawn at any time.
- You acknowledge that Safaricom may verify your identity information through publicly available and/or restricted government databases in order to comply with regulatory requirements.
- You accept that Safaricom shall have the right to monitor your account usage and may disclose personal information to local law enforcement or investigative agencies or any competent regulatory or governmental agencies to assist in the prevention, detection or prosecution of money laundering activities, fraud or other criminal activities;
- Safaricom employees who handle personal information are under an obligation to treat it confidentially and may not disclose it to unauthorized third parties. Safaricom employees are also responsible for the internal security of the information. Employees who violate Safaricom’s privacy policies are subject to a range of disciplinary actions.
- Any person submitting any information to Safaricom through the M-PESA System may be granted access rights to that information. Safaricom has developed systems that enable access and correction of information submitted to it.